Following dramatic increase in web traffic, NYC Health + Hospitals launches new website to improve patient access to doctors and care
About 7 million people used the site in 2021.This is a testament to the crucial role of the healthcare system during the COVID-19 pandemic
August 15, 2022
NYC Health + Hospitals today announced a redesign of its website, nychealthandhospitals.org. It’s a streamlined digital front door that provides a faster, more user-friendly experience for visitors to access the information and services they need to stay healthy. Over the past two years, his website at NYC Health + Hospitals has seen a dramatic increase in traffic, partly due to the critical role the healthcare system played for New Yorkers during the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2021, over 6.9 million people will visit his website, a 330% increase from 2019. The homepage now includes his COVID-19 search bar integrated as a key feature of the design, as well as dynamic videos demonstrating the diversity of staff and patients he serves. A new “I Want To” section that gives New Yorkers quick access to in-demand services like immunizations and virtual care.
“When the COVID-19 pandemic hit our city, people turned to the NYC Health + Hospitals website for information about symptoms, testing and tracking efforts, and vaccines. NYC Health + Hospitals President and CEO Mitchell Katz, MD“We are proud to serve New Yorkers every day. is one of the methods of
The redesign includes the following changes:
- New patient-friendly website: The homepage launches with a New York City video featuring diverse patient and medical spaces throughout the facility. The COVID-19 search bar prominently integrates the system’s COVID-19 resources into its design. The “I Want to…” section allows users to easily navigate to the most commonly searched resources. The homepage also includes a philanthropic section where New Yorkers can donate to the health system to support its mission.
- find a doctor: Improved search capabilities now allow patients to search our database of over 5,000 providers based on facility, specialty and language spoken. Each provider now has her own web page with her credentials and educational background.
- talk to your doctor now: This button links directly to NYC Health + Hospitals’ Virtual ExpressCare, where patients can be connected to a provider within minutes by phone or video for urgent care. The service is available 24/7 and interpreters are available in over 200 languages.
- Quick link to MyChart: With one click, patients can access their MyChart login page to schedule an appointment, message the doctor’s office, request a prescription refill, or check their test results.
- Facility website: Each of the system’s 11 hospitals, 30 Gotham Health Centers, and 5 long-term care centers has a redesigned facility website, with addresses and phone numbers easily found at the top of the page. Each facility has a badged “At a Glance” banner on its homepage and has major achievements, including being rated as one of the nation’s best hospitals by US News and World Reports and designated as a Level 1 trauma center reflects the
- Patient Stories and Video Testimonials: A redesigned homepage featuring Ray Lopez, who underwent gender-affirming hormone therapy to treat gender dysphoria, and Freddy Vilola, a Brooklyn father with COVID-19 who underwent extracorporeal membrane oxygen therapy (ECMO therapy). And so on, patient stories are emphasized. life.
- new photo: Our redesigned website features hundreds of new photos of our facility, patients and staff.
contact: email@example.com; 212.788.3339
About NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals is the nation’s largest municipal healthcare system. We are a network of 11 hospitals, trauma centers, neighborhood health centers, nursing homes and post-acute care centers. We are MetroPlus, a home care agency and health insurance scheme. Our healthcare system provides essential services to more than one million New Yorkers each year in more than 70 locations in his five boroughs of the city. Our diverse workforce of more than 43,000 employees is uniquely focused on enabling New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest lives possible. Visit www.nychealthandhospitals.org and follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/NYCHealthSystem) or Twitter (https://www.facebook.com/NYCHealthSystem) for the latest information. @NYC Health System.