The World Health Organization invites you to our second webinar on the commercial determinants of health. This second webinar presents CDoH challenges and cutting-edge empirical science, focusing on how the health community, governments and businesses can approach measuring his CDoH. It also presents an approach to reorienting financial metrics towards health, well-being and equity.
Welcome and introduction:
- Etienne KrugDirector, Social Determinants, WHO
- Stephen McFeely Director of Data and Analysis, WHO
- Kelly Lee Professor of Public Health, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Monica Arora, Professor; Head of Health Promotion Division, Public Health Foundation of India.President-Elect NCD Alliance
- Tonatiu Barrientos (Gutierrez)Senior Research Fellow, National Institute of Public Health, Mexico
- Nina PrasadBloomberg Philanthropies Obesity Prevention Program Director
- Meg Jones-MonteiroProgram Director, Health Equity, Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
- Theo Vos Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) Professor
Webinar Chair and Moderator:
- Rob MoodyProfessor, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
conclusion and end
- Monika KosinskaHead, Economic and Commercial Determinants, WHO
One of the key priorities identified by WHO is the need to raise awareness and understanding of the commercial determinants of health, their impact, and effective actions for policy makers to address them. . Therefore, WHO has launched a series of webinars aimed at a diverse audience. This webinar explores the evidence base of commercial determinants of health, how they manifest themselves in practice, and potential actions by different actors at different levels.
WHO engages a diverse group of civil society organizations, academic professionals and students, donors and philanthropic partners, policy makers at national and local levels, WHO staff at various levels, regions, programmes, and UN agencies. We encourage global audience participation.
Registration is open until 23:59 CEST on September 5, 2022: https://who.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RZGd82kRQ_O5OHhgzkGMBg
See the WHO Health topic page on Commercial Determinants of Health, or the WHO Factsheet on Commercial Determinants of Health, or contact the WHO Secretariat. [email protected] for more information.